Saturday, December 29, 2007

"The Office"


Num dia qualquer de trabalho.

“- Other than that…T. has been traveling...came back to the office yesterday…I had an incident with him that left me wishing I could stuff a sock in my mouth….he had passed in the office and commented that it was rather hot (which was true since someone had turned the heater temperatures close to 27 degrees centigrade…quite sauna-like). He was even more surprised that I was still wearing a sweater to which I quickly responded, “But I’ve got nothing under it!” I did not realize the import of my words till I saw him look at me rather strangely (probably marveling at my guts and wondering what my intentions were!) I tried to mumble something in my beard to clarify that I meant I could not remove the sweater…etc Boy!! Did I wish the ground could open up and swallow me!! Sounded like an invitation to…you know what!! Glad I am a black person otherwise I’d have been beetroot red…”

Tantas horas passadas no escritório e eu não estava lá!!!

No comments: